Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Black Box


Wow! That's the first thing that comes to my mind.This is one of the best books I've ever read so far! I've only read Relentless by Cassia Leo, but I liked her style and when I saw that she has another book, Black Box, I decided to give it a chance as well because everybody was saying that it was a good book.

I have to say that I don't agree with the people who said it was good.No, this book was wonderful,powerful, intense, real and emotionally raw.This story is about two broken people, Mikki and Crush, who have experienced tragic events in their life who pushed them towards the only solution they deemed reasonable: suicide. But Fate has other plans and brings them together multiple times when they are at their lowest in order to save each other just like the blurb says: "Over the course of five years, Mikki and Crush cross paths on three separate occasions.When Mikki and Crush cross paths for the third time in Terminal B, neither has any idea who the other person is; until they slowly piece together their history and realize that fate has more in store for them than just another love story." This book hit a bit close to home for me because I could partially relate to what Mikki was going through before the tragic moment that changed her life.I was also bullied at school for things that weren't even true and I know how horrible that makes you feel.No child should have to experience this.back to the book, I was hooked right from the prologue.Cassia has been able to portray the characters' feelings so well that it was impossible not to understand where Mikki and Crush were coming from and that has been a big plus.Black Box has a bit of mistery in it, but also a darker part that will leave you crying.The story was really engaging, but what I loved the most about it is CRUSH!!! I want a boyfriend like him so, so much.He was the most gentle, tender and understanding guy I have ever read about.He loved Mikki so much, he looked after her and saved her multiple times.Simply amazing! I definitely recommend checking this new standalone romance out! And now some favorite quotes:

“There’s a little blackness inside us all.”
“This black box is yours to keep, to stash your troubles away. Just lock it up and call my name, and I’ll be there… always.”
“I feel like I’ve known you all my life … I don’t want that feeling to go away. I want to know you all my life.”
“Fate. I used to think fate was for religious nuts and people who were too afraid to take their fate into their own hands. Now I know the truth. Fate is death. No one escapes it. But if you stick around long enough, you might find someone to help cheat fate for a while. And when you can’t cheat anymore, and fate finally catches up to you, maybe it won’t seem so scary with that someone by your side.”
"I love you with all my circuits..."

18232133





No comments:

Post a Comment